Windows Control

Discussion around computer control and OS navigation using eye movements

Windows Control

Postby garbage » 01 Mar 2014, 16:29

I would like to ask if there is any plan to develop a Windows control system by the Eyetribe team. I know this is a developer product at the current status, but I think there have to be some polished demonstration applications for entering the end user market. Enhancing the desktop experience would be an eye opener for the public. Furthermore a profound implementation would set a very welcome benchmark for all third party developments.

To what degree does Eyetribe plan to develop showcase applications and what developments are expected by the community?
garbage

Re: Windows Control

Postby JeffKang » 19 Apr 2014, 04:07

I think that most of the time and resources are going towards improving the eye-tracking product: increasing accuracy, fixing bugs, etc..

A lot of the knowledge applied probably involves things like machine learning, computer vision, predictive modeling, image processing, mathematics etc..

They’re doing what they specialize in, and now, they need the help of developers and designers.

Enhancing the desktop experience would be an eye opener for the public. Furthermore a profound implementation would set a very welcome benchmark for all third party developments.

I agree with that though. Angry Birds is fun, but a small sample of something to do a little bit of Windows control could extend into something that a lot of people might find useful.

However, there are some applications popping up. E.g. “bkb is a program to control keyboard/mouse with eyes” (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=182).

It allows you to automatically have the windows scroll down when your gaze approaches the bottom of a window.

Wherever there is an application that requires scrolling (isn’t that most programs? ;) ), by mouse wheel or swiping, eye-scrolling can be added.
JeffKang

Re: Windows Control

Postby Memo » 16 Apr 2015, 17:33

I design special computer access devices for people with disabilities. I simply trying to “Enable People”…
Memo

Return to Computer Control