Calibration

All development related discussions that does not concern a specific programming language. For example, JSON data format, server communication etc.

Re: Calibration

Postby hendersond2004 » 28 Nov 2014, 11:30

Ahh, OK never mind then.

do we know if there is an ETA on the update.. or is there a dev blog I can subscribe to anywhere ?
hendersond2004

Postby greg » 10 Dec 2014, 01:26

Is this still missing in .49?
greg

Postby warbyrd » 16 Dec 2014, 22:06

Hi,

if one out of 9 calibrationpoints has the status 1 at the end of a calibration, the tracker sends the result as 'false'.

Now i have 2 questions:

1. Can i make the eyetracker accept the calibration although there are some "1" statuses?
[s]2. if not - how do i recalibrate one single point ?[/s]

so i figured it out, that the eyetracker automatically accepts a calibration as soon as all points return a 2-status.
my problem was, that i hat 9 predefined points and only pushed the index of each point to a function. - i didn't know, that the points order in the calibresult object are not fix - here an example:

Code: Select all
i get back the first calibresult where the status of point 5 is 1 - so you have to recalibrate it.
after you do that, you get back a new calibresult.
but now the former point 5 has been cut from the calibpoints and appended to the end of the list in the calibresult object and now is point 8.
so if now the point is still status 1 - you would have to recalibrate - and pass point 5 to be recalibrated - but point 5 is now point 8 and the algorithm broke.

it took some time for me to figure out because - as i already said - i was passing on the indices of a point and not their x,y positions.
do you get what i mean? - not knowing that can cause some searching time - i think it should be pointed out somewhere. maybe it helps someone :)
warbyrd

Postby ryklin » 04 Sep 2015, 00:05

So now we have persistent calibration which is great, but a new problem emerges related to this:

Lets assume that the user just unpacked the eyetribe and connected it, then starts my 3rd party program. What happens... it connects but the tracker seems to not work. Why not, the lights are on? Because they user never ran the initial calibration. There's no way for my program to check if they did, and there's no warning issued by the eyetribe. Users can waste a lot of previous time before realizing they forgot to run the eyetribe UI.

It would be great if you can add a function call that asks isEyeTrackerCalibrated() or isEyeTrackerCalibrationLoaded() so that if it returns false, we can either notify the user that they need to calibrate, or start the EyeTribe UI automatically.

The first hour of game play decides if your program will succeed or fail in the market!
ryklin

Previous

Return to General