phd thesis

Discussions related to using The Eye Tribe Tracker for passive gaze data collection and analysis, such as market research or usability studies.

phd thesis

Postby edolgunsoz » 11 Aug 2014, 14:32

Hi there
I am researcher on psycholinguistics. I am conducting a phd on second language reading with eye tracking. A software company is building a software with eyetribe for me which includes gazeplots, fixations, areas of interest etc... do you think i can acquire accurate and precise data with eyetribe? I think it will the first phd thesis on reading with eyetribe. What do you think?
edolgunsoz

Re: phd thesis

Postby Ira Laefsky » 13 Aug 2014, 07:25

I am interested in onscreen reading and physiological reactions including eye tracking but also including EDA/GSR and HRV. I am interested in making initial measureents
with the EyeTribe tracker, but I did understand that for publication of reading data eye tracking must generally scan at 500-1000HZ while the EyeTribe is a 60HZ device.
How are you accomplishing research quality measurements of word and and saccadic tracking with the Eye Tribe? Also I am most interested in the software you are
developing for your research--How can I get in touch with you- my email (please cc: email to both addresses) is laefsky at comcast dot net and ira dot laefsky at gmail dot com.

Many Thanks and Best Wishes on Your PhD Research
--Ira Laefsky :D
Ira Laefsky

Return to Analysis (Academics, Market research & Usability)