Mount for Laptop

Place to discuss eye tracking and related topics

Mount for Laptop

Postby Memo » 02 Mar 2015, 00:29

Hi all,

I was having a general stability and angle issue with my tracker since it wasn't secured on my laptop. Then I decided to design a holder for my tracker yesterday. I'm quite happy with it and like to share with you all. If you have a 3D printer, use below address to download all .stl files.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:704350
I design special computer access devices for people with disabilities. I simply trying to “Enable People”…
Memo

Re: Mount for Laptop

Postby Martin » 03 Mar 2015, 12:23

Thanks for sharing :)
Martin

Postby Francis.Jambon » 06 Mar 2015, 12:16

Hi,

I just made one, and this is cool! Thanks for sharing.

Francis
Francis.Jambon

Postby Memo » 06 Mar 2015, 15:47

Good to hear you like it Francis. Altough it needs some minor improvements, It's OK for me now.

On the other hand;
The Tracker Server compansates small pupil coordinate changes in the X, Y and Z planes. According to my quick impression, it will be a good idea to have a self-propelled, usb connected holder. For a great user's head movement freedom, a this kind of holder device will offer a correct pupil position instantly and constantly to the tracker device (if you are not using a chin-rest). I may design this kind of holder device but not sure right now.
I design special computer access devices for people with disabilities. I simply trying to “Enable People”…
Memo

Postby vigjnani » 06 Jul 2015, 22:48

I am having alignment problems with the tripod supplied with the tracker with my desktop. Has anyone tried mounting the tracker to the monitor bezel with magnetic tape and would this work? Appreciate hearing about your solutions.

Thanks
vigjnani

Postby sunfish7 » 02 Dec 2015, 16:37

I've just been asking exactly this question: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=560

I am keen to hear: what is the experience with this holder? Could it be used for a monitor Mount? How can I get hold of one?

π
sunfish7

Return to General Discussion