VM Ware emulation success?

Forum to report issues and bugs on Apple OSX

VM Ware emulation success?

Postby mark.sloan » 05 Mar 2015, 23:18

Has anyone been able to use VMWare running Windows 8 to get the tracker working? Software installs but when I try to add the tracker camera the software rejects it so I cannot get it to calibrate or Eye Proof to see the camera because Windows never gets access to the camera. Would love to get this working for Eye Proof functionality on Windows. Thanks!
mark.sloan

Re: VM Ware emulation success?

Postby Martin » 06 Mar 2015, 01:38

Haven't tried personally but remember a post where Parallels Desktop was working as an alternative during the first unstable OSX releases.
Martin

Postby dan » 07 Mar 2015, 21:20

I got the EyeProof Windows GUI to work on Windows 7 under Mac OS X Yosemite using Parallels. At first it didn't recognize the eye tracker however, if it was already plugged in before I started Windows. So I changed the configuration on the VM to always attach devices to the VM if plugged in while it is running. Then plugging it in worked like a charm. Note to NOT enable the USB 3.0 setting in the VM - this caused it NOT to work for me.
dan

Postby rob.wright » 11 Mar 2015, 15:57

Dan, thank you - I've been on with this for days after getting the eyetracker working once about a week ago. (obviously by a complete fluke!!!)

Just followed the setps you took e.g. do NOT enable the USB 3.0 setting in the VM!!

Also, shut down Windows and then in the Parallel's Desktop / Preferences / Devices section - unlocked the window so I could add the Eyetracker device to the list and then also set the Connect to Windows 7!!

Restarted windows and ran the server connection - it worked.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks again Dan.

Rob
rob.wright

Return to Issues and troubleshooting - OSX