Multiple trackers and EyeTribeClientUI ?

All development related discussions that does not concern a specific programming language. For example, JSON data format, server communication etc.

Multiple trackers and EyeTribeClientUI ?

Postby Francis.Jambon » 20 Jan 2015, 17:04

Hi,

I try to have two trackers on the same computer. It is straitforward to have two EyeTribe Servers with different device and port numbers. However, I cannot manage to associate a different EyeTribeClientUI to each server. The program have a protection against multiple instances (but I duplicate it) and both UI connects to the same Server.

I try to use the same syntax as the EyeTribeServer (--device=1 --port=65556) without success. It seems to me that the "tetbsicsettings.xml" file may be a solution, but I don't know how to associate a different "tetbsicsettings.xml" files to different instances of EyeTribeClientUI, or just to change the configuration of EyeTribeClientUI. I find a quite ugly solution: I start the first EyeTribeClientUI, then edit the "tetbsicsettings.xml" file to change the port number, and finally start the second EyeTribeClientUI.

Any ideas for a better solution ?

Francis
Francis.Jambon

Return to General