EyeTracker stopped working on OSX

Forum to report issues and bugs on Apple OSX

EyeTracker stopped working on OSX

Postby mail » 01 Jan 2015, 14:56

Hi guys,

I have been playing around with the EyeTracker when it suddenly stopped working on OS X.

Jakobs-MBP-2:~ jakobzeitler$ /Applications/EyeTribe/EyeTribe

** The EYE TRIBE TRACKER Server **
Version: 0.9.48

[13:51:19.089] INF: Initializing environment
[13:51:19.089] INF: Constructing logfile:
/Users/jakobzeitler/eyetribe/logs/20150101135119_10602887732992330092.log

Settings applied:
TCP port: 6555
Connections: local only
Framerate: 30

[13:51:19.109] INF: Initializing the Eye Tribe Server
[13:51:19.345] ERR: Could not initialize The Eye Tribe Tracker!
The tracker device has been connected but is not working

It worked perfectly before and STILL works perfectly on my Windows 8.1 on my Bootcamp on the same Mac.
I tried reinstalling the whole SDK on OS X, but it did not help.

I assume a complete reinstall of the SDK will solve the problem.

Any suggestions on where the problem might be coming from or how I can do a complete reinstall of the SDK?
mail

Re: EyeTracker stopped working on OSX

Postby SebastianW » 14 Jan 2015, 19:16

I just unboxed my EyeTribe, installed the SDK and do have the very same problem.
If you figured out a solution please let me know.

Thanks
SebastianW

Postby mattfelsen » 24 Aug 2015, 19:10

Hi all. Reviving an older thread here... I've been seeing random disconnects with my device. At first I thought it was related to something I was doing (I was working on calibrating the device via the API and thought maybe I was starting a point but never finishing it), though I now have the calibration code working so I'm pretty sure it's a separate issue.

What I'm seeing are random disconnects. It definitely happens using my own software as an API client, and I'm pretty sure I see it with the EyeTribeUI as well though I can't remember 100%. I'm running the server from the terminal with no arguments, server v0.9.56, device firmware 293, on OS X 10.10.4.

When the disconnect happens, I see this output:

Code: Select all
...normal startup output...

The Eye Tribe Tracker stands ready!

[12:33:46.821] INF: Default calibration profile loaded!

The Eye Tribe Tracker has been disconnected!
2015-08-24 12:35:26.333 EyeTribe[18542:6701277] CameraControl Error: Control request failed: 00000000
[13:06:47.686] ERR: The Eye Tribe Tracker is not supported!

The tracker device has been connected but is not working

Sometimes I'll get multiple lines about "Control request failed" usually all 0's, but I've also seen e00002c0. At this point, if I stop & restart the server, I'll get..

Code: Select all
[13:03:44.713] INF: Initializing the Eye Tribe Server
[13:03:45.829] INF: Default calibration profile loaded!

The Eye Tribe Tracker is waiting to be connected!

Sometimes it will stop at the "Initializing" line and sometimes it will get past that but wait at the "waiting to be connected" line. In either case, the only way to recover from this state is by unplugging & re-plugging the device. I've only tried this on OS X, but I can potentially try this on Windows 8.1 since I have that set up with Boot Camp. I'm curious if anyone is also seeing this behavior recently, and on which platforms. Thanks!
mattfelsen

Postby mattfelsen » 24 Aug 2015, 19:23

Oh, I should also mention that I'm using openFrameworks, which is a C++ toolkit, along with https://github.com/TatsuyaOGth/ofxEyeTribe which is a lightweight wrapper around the reference implementation, https://github.com/EyeTribe/tet-cpp-client. In ofxEyeTribe, the author compiled the ref code into a static library, though since I wasn't sure if what he compiled was up-to-date, I've also tried removing his library and including the source code directly in the project. I'm seeing the same behavior in both cases.

Also, as an update, it just happened with the EyeTribeUI, so I can confirm I'm seeing it there as well. When that happens, the view that shows the eye tracking UI instead reads "A firmware update is required"
mattfelsen

Return to Issues and troubleshooting - OSX