poor calibration results

Forum to report issues and bugs on Windows 7, 8, and 10.

poor calibration results

Postby f.maillet » 18 Apr 2016, 19:32

Hello,
just received my EyeTribe, but I just can't get more than 2 (sometimes 3) stars on calibration (with 9, 12 or 16 points). I tried with others persons (my wife and my daughter), same results.
How one can enhance the calibration acuracy ? enlightment ? what is the correct position (angle ?) of the tribe ?
Just compile one Java test program, communication with the tribe works quite fine, but position of the target is inacurate.
thanks for any help,
--frederic (french user)
f.maillet

Re: poor calibration results

Postby Martin » 18 Apr 2016, 21:19

Hi Frederic,

You should get better results, expected accuracy is within 1 degree, about the width of your thumb at arm's length.

First, did you remove the thin protective film on the device?

The placement of the device should be centered, below the display. The angle should be so that you see yourself mirrored on the black front cover.

Screen sizes below 24" is best. In general, smaller is better, laptop ideal. First generation devices works best on a distance of 55-65 cm to device. Try not to move back/forth, compensation does up-down, side to side. Full 3D model coming this summer with the Pro line.

Avoid sunlight, it's designed for indoor development work.

If it doesn't improve I would suggest sending feedback data under the System tab, this will allow us evaluate the algorithm and hopefully fix it.
Martin

Re: poor calibration results

Postby f.maillet » 28 Apr 2016, 07:47

Thanks Martin for your reply,
I already ordered a Pro version but I wanted to try the possibilities meanwhile,

-) yes, I did remove the protector film ;)
-) I see myself correctly in the eyetribe, correctly centered
-) my screen is a 24"
-) the room is rather dark (this is why I firstly asked for enlightenment enhancement)
-) I maybe a little too far, more 70-80 cm than 50-60, I will try to adjust my position accordingly

I will send a calibration feedback,
thanks,
--frederic
f.maillet

Return to Issues and troubleshooting - Windows