[resolved] GazeTalk5.exe Class not registered (screenshot)

Applications of eye tracking for accessibility, augmented communication and health care

[resolved] GazeTalk5.exe Class not registered (screenshot)

Postby JeffKang » 18 Feb 2014, 09:02

GazeTalk5.exe Class not registered (screenshot included)

GazeTalk5.exe GazeTalk 5 Class not registered

After clicking on GazeTalk5.exe, I get an error dialog with the title, “GazeTalk 5”, and inside, it says “Class not registered”.

I can’t seem to get it to start.

I tried installing the English version (GazeTalk v.5.2.2 in English (23 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 En.msi from http://wiki.cogain.org/index.php/Gazetalk, and then I tried the “all languages” version (GazeTalk v.5.2.2 full (all languages, 60 MB): File:GazeTalk5 2 2 Full.msi).

Notably, during the installation, I got an error dialog with the title, “Web Browser”, and inside, it says: …:/Program%20Files/GazeTalk/GazeTalk5/readme_me…. Make sure the path or Internet address correct.

Behind the error dialog is the Config.

Picture of interruption:

(I explain in another post about how the “Web Browser” error dialog comes up every time I try to open Config: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89.)

I’m wondering if the installation was actually not completed.

But it does say “completing the wizard”, so maybe it was.

My GazeTalk folder looks pretty full:

Searching the web

I see that many people get the “Class not registered” error when opening their own problem application.

A lot of sites mention registration of dll files:

Stackoverflow:
How to solve COM Exception Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))?

It looks like whichever program or process you're trying to initialize either isn't installed on your machine, has a damaged installation or needs to be registered.

Either install it, repair it (via Add/Remove Programs) or register it (via Regsvr32.exe).

Thewindowsclub
Fix: Class Not Registered error in Internet Explorer in Windows 8

you may need to register your dll files

answers.microsoft:
How to fix error message "Class not registered"?
When right-clicking on variety of files from variety of software programs, then clicking on Properties.

Someone was getting the error in various places, so someone suggested the following homemade solution:

FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G"

It will search for all .dll files and will register them with the regsvr32 command.

But I think this is for multiple errors.

I’ve only seen "Class not registered" for GazeTalk, so it could be application-specific.

I ran a system File Checker (sfc) scan that was recommended on the Microsoft answers website, and there were no integrity violations.

Opening the program in safe mode was another recommendation, so I tried to open GazeTalk in safe mode, but the error came up again. I don’t know what that means.

A user mentions repairing all of Windows 7 (I could do that if I have to).

Once again, I think these particular suggestions are for various errors (“When right-clicking on variety of files from variety of software programs”), and not application-specific.

Does GazeTalk have a DLL file that I can reregister? Or maybe I have to get past that “Web Browser” error that happens during installation.

Thewindowsclub
Fix: Class not registered Chrome.exe in Windows 8

Here you will have to delete the following two registry keys:

HKLM\Software\Classes\Chrome
HKLM\Software\Classes\ChromeHTML\open\command\DelegateExecute

Whne you delete the registry keys that enable DelegateExecute, they disable Chrome’s AppID.

Here, they suggest that you delete registry keys. Is it another way to refresh, like DLL reregistration?

Superuser
Chrome doesn't start in Windows 8, gives an error message “Class not registered”

Try checking for presence of these registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM) & HKEY_CURRENT_USER(HKCU)and delete them:

Edit: nevermind, I think registry key deletion is specific to that particular Chrome problem.

Msmvps
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5\r\n
The famous 'Class not registered'

This problem is related to Component Services
First is to fix the MSDTC, then com+, then IIS.
The main problem was MSDTC was not running when we install IIS. During IIS installation it will try to create IIS Package and it failed.

I see that the 'Class not registered' error associated with IIS, here, and in a couple other posts.

I actually had an IIS application. I don’t know how it got there, and I don’t know what it’s for. Edit: I just got rid of it, and reinstalled GazeTalk, but the error is still there.

Thinking that Internet Information Services (IIS) is somehow connected to that “Web Browser” error is a stretch.

adobe
ColdFusion MX: Class Not Registered error when using COM objects

The registry and regsvr32 are mentioned again here:

Windows RegEdit

From the Start menu, run RegEdit.
In the left pane, highlight My Computer.
From the menu, select Edit > Find.
Enter typeviewer.dll in the search field.

If the .dll is not registered, the search will find 0 results.

If the .dll is not registered, follow the steps below:

Select Start > Run.
Type regsvr32 cf_root\lib\typeviewer.dll

orderupdate.intuit
Error: Barcode Active X class not registered ActiveX TBarcode 3.0.ocx

How to fix it

Solution: Repair Point of Sale

Note: You may be asked for your Point of Sale CD during the repair process.

This is another “just-repair-the-entire-OS” (but maybe it’s because they don’t trust the user to be able to fix it themselves).

Symantec
Class not registered accessing Archive Explorer

The desktop team reimaged the computer so I wasn't able to test registering the scrrun.dll but I've saved it in case we come up with the issue again. Reimaging the system did resolve the issue for the user. Thanks.

Hi,

Reimaging the machine is always not good solution / workaround.

Hence i will recommend next time before reimage machine do the following steps and if it will not resolve the issue then go for reimage.

This can occur if there was a problem registering ASP .Net.
1. Register both .Net 2.0 and 1.1 from a command line.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\FrameWork\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\FrameWork\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i
2. Run an iisreset and confirm the page can open without the error.
3. Use the REGSVR32 command line tool to register the following .dll:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\scrrun.dll

Here, a user mentions ASP.net and .Net, which I have, but again, I’m not sure if they are connected to the “Web Browser” error, or if GazeTalk uses them.

Operating system repair is mentioned, but dll re-registration seems to be the specific fix.

Guess

I like to think that the problem is that the installation was not performed correctly due to the “Web Browser” error that comes when the Config pops out during installation, but I’m not sure.

I have Windows 7 32-bit, and run as admin.

Thanks!
Last edited by JeffKang on 30 Mar 2014, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
JeffKang

Re: GazeTalk5.exe Class not registered (screenshot included)

Postby Javier » 18 Feb 2014, 13:38

Hi Jeff,

GazeTalk is not developed by us, so we can offer limited support for it.

Have you installed Adobe Reader? It is required for GazeTalk to run.
Javier

Postby Martin » 18 Feb 2014, 13:47

Might be something with the web browser component, I believe GazeTalk uses the COM interface for Microsoft Internet Explorer which is a bit of a hack.

Jeff, what version of Windows and Internet Explorer are you running?
Martin

Postby JeffKang » 30 Mar 2014, 21:03

I didn’t have Adobe PDF. I removed it to use Nitro PDF.

It starts now. Thanks!
JeffKang

Return to Accessibility & Health Care