Timestamp field missing. What is the meaning of (int) time??

Forum for development in the C++ programming language.

Timestamp field missing. What is the meaning of (int) time??

Postby zackbam » 16 Apr 2015, 22:46

It seems like the (string) timestamp field is missing from the gtl::GazeData class in c++.

The gtl::GazeData class fields only includes the (int) time variable. But I do not have any clue of what this integer means. Obviously it is a value in milliseconds. It is not the systemtime value though: each time I reboot it does not reinitialize. If I convert these milliseconds to hours, I get something that corresponds to 18.77 hours right now. I do not recall something special happening 18.77 hours ago...
Here are the current values of the timestamp and the time as they appear in the API console at this moment:

"time": 67580329, "timestamp": "2015-04-16 22:59:08.073".

One more observation I made is that the last three digits are not the same in the timestamp and the time values. So it is not start of day or week, moth or whatever. So the time value should be reinitialized by a specific event. And this event is not the system boot. It is neither the time of last calibration nor of installation of the sdk.
Anyone has any idea of what this 'time' value corresponds to?

Ideally I would like to have the system time. Or the timestamp string as it appears in the API console. Any hints???
zackbam

Re: Timestamp field missing. What is the meaning of (int) ti

Postby gvdambros » 01 Jun 2016, 09:48

I have the same question. Can someone help?
gvdambros

Re: Timestamp field missing. What is the meaning of (int) ti

Postby Anders » 14 Jun 2016, 12:15

The 'time' field is a integer representation of when a frame was sampled in the EyeTribe Server. The 'time' is platform and architecture specific (Windows, macOS, Android) and therefore does not easily translate into a string representation. Therefore there is a dedicated field for the string representation called 'timestamp'. This is explained in the API doc.

The 'time' field increments as time passes and should be used to calculate the delta time between incoming frames.

The 'timestamp' field will be added to the C++ SDK in the next release.
Anders

Return to C++