Problems compiling C++ SDK

Forum for development in the C++ programming language.

Problems compiling C++ SDK

Postby ignaciofallas » 29 Jun 2015, 21:22

Hi I'm having big troubles trying to compile the c++ SDK. I used cmake to configure and generate the files from the folder but initially I got this error :

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_thread
boost_system

The only way possible to fix it was to specifically add the missing libraries to "Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_DEBUG" or "Boost_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RELEASE" and "Boost_THREAD_LIBRARY_DEBUG" or "Boost_THREAD_LIBRARY_RELEASE". Firs problem is I don't actually know which library is it supposed to be i added "libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_58.lib" and "libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_58.lib", finally I did not get the error anymore.
But then I tried using MInGW make and it throws lots of errors and warnings and does not finish.
Which of my previous steps is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
ignaciofallas

Re: Problems compiling C++ SDK

Postby Martin » 30 Jun 2015, 15:04

Edit: Moved topic to C++ forum, notified C++ SDK developers.
Martin

Postby Anders » 02 Jul 2015, 13:44

Hi I'm having big troubles trying to compile the c++ SDK. I used cmake to configure and generate the files from the folder but initially I got this error :

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_thread
boost_system

Have you installed the dependencies explained in https://github.com/EyeTribe/tet-cpp-client ?
Anders

Postby ignaciofallas » 02 Jul 2015, 14:00

Sure, that happens after adding BOOST_INCLUDE_DIR and even after adding BOOST_LIBRARYDIR when I get that error you point out. As I mentioned I added the .lib files directly to make it work and it finished configure and generate process... But it doesn't compile aftewards.
By the way I'm using Windows 8 with boost 1.58, not sure if that would change anything...
ignaciofallas

Postby john.jrhunglin » 03 Jul 2015, 16:11

Dear friend:

Please add the following syntax to the CMakeLists.txt, it would help.

set( Boost_DEBUG ON )

ignaciofallas@gmail.com wrote:Sure, that happens after adding BOOST_INCLUDE_DIR and even after adding BOOST_LIBRARYDIR when I get that error you point out. As I mentioned I added the .lib files directly to make it work and it finished configure and generate process... But it doesn't compile aftewards.
By the way I'm using Windows 8 with boost 1.58, not sure if that would change anything...
john.jrhunglin

Return to C++