We're rolling out version 0.9.77, please consider upgrading

Forum to report issues and bugs on Windows 7, 8, and 10.

We're rolling out version 0.9.77, please consider upgrading

Postby Martin » 04 May 2016, 00:38

As we now announce version 0.9.77 it would be ideal to see as many as possible to try this version. The previous version, 0.9.56, will still be available for download but we will no longer maintain it.

It is also recommended that you use the latest version of your Operating System of choice. We've had tons of issues regarding disconnect problems caused by lousy USB3.0 drivers on Windows 7 and there's not much we can do about it - we have tried just about everything.

Far fewer issues on Windows 10 which has out-of-the-box support for it so please consider letting go Windows 7 from 2009.

Hope it satisfies, I apologize for the wait. Let us know if it can be better.

Thanks,

Martin
Martin

Re: We're rolling out version 0.9.77, please consider upgrad

Postby moltaire1 » 11 May 2016, 14:39

I am getting an error using the new, but not the old version of the SDK:
I use the PyGaze library (https://github.com/esdalmaijer/PyGaze/) to connect to the tracker. The error is thrown after the 'calibration' 'pointend' request.
In python it looks like nothing is returned from this request, no 200, but also nothing else (None).

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of anything of this. But upgrading to the new SDK breaks functionality of my stuff, with nothing else changed. I guess it's not in your interest, that previously working bindings stop working here.

Cheers,

Felix
moltaire1

Re: We're rolling out version 0.9.77, please consider upgrad

Postby Martin » 11 May 2016, 15:08

Hi Felix,

Thanks for posting.

We don't have much control over third party clients but changes that breaks compatibility with existing implementations is never good. I'll take a look at it to see if there's an easy fix.

Update:
We've located the issue, followup messages will be contained to this specific thread.
Martin

Return to Issues and troubleshooting - Windows