Doctoral Thesis based on The EyeTribe & OGAMA

Discussions related to using The Eye Tribe Tracker for passive gaze data collection and analysis, such as market research or usability studies.

Doctoral Thesis based on The EyeTribe & OGAMA

Postby Theremin » 04 Oct 2016, 11:44

Hi. I bring in this thread an access link to my doctoral thesis. It's entitled "Contribution to the aeronautical charts graphic expression". In second part of the thesis, the stereotypical trends of aeronautical charts symbolization were achieved and led into a set of stereotyped models of cartographic representation. Communicational skills calculated with eye-tracking (using EyeTribe and OGAMA software) were later cross-checked with the measures taken from an interpretation experiment involving military pilots and geo-information experts.

The obtained results confirm the feasibility to achieve a basic prediction of the capability of early attention to graphical objects in the aeronautical chart. Thus, the reader´s visual attention can be addressed through the main elements and symbols of the chart. In addition, the adaptation of relational contrast and the combination of visual variable may enhance the efficiency of visual pathways, together with the optimization of the ocular focus. As a matter of fact, it is reduced the time needed to the read the information from the aeronautical charts.

You may view and download the full text at this link: http://oa.upm.es/39198/ Original text is written in Spanish, my apologies. I hope that my text can be useful in our future research. Greetings!
Theremin

Return to Analysis (Academics, Market research & Usability)