Advice Please!

Discussion around computer control and OS navigation using eye movements

Advice Please!

Postby samstuartcook » 08 Jan 2015, 22:53

Hi!

I hope that you're all well - just a quick question from me. I am attempting to create a dwell clicker using the EyeTribe as part of my University final project. The project is first and foremost a design project and my coding experience is limited at best.

The prototype which I am currently creating is done in Flash Actionscript 3.0. It is primarily a UI prototype, although I am attempting to facilitate the use of more than one input device (computer mouse/gesture control/eye gaze).

I have implemented buttons within the prototype which are capable of 'self-selecting' after the mouse cursor dwells on them for a period of time. This works very well with a computer mouse, and it also works with a Leap Motion device. However, I am experiencing difficulties with achieving the same outcome with the EyeTribe. I have selected mouse cursor control as on (which works beautifully & accurately by the way) but for some reason, when the cursor is held over the button, it doesn't seem to recognise it.

Any advice you could offer would be a great help. I'm loving using the EyeTribe at the moment, if I can get past this one hurdle hopefully I can achieve something good with it!

Best,
Sam
samstuartcook

Re: Advice Please!

Postby MastaLomaster » 09 Feb 2015, 13:04

Maybe your software requires the mouse cursor to STOP when it's over the control? The cursor driven by TheEyeTribe quivers.
MastaLomaster

Re: Advice Please!

Postby Martin » 05 Mar 2015, 00:53

Probably the case.

Best result achieve by doing hit-testing using the gaze X & Y coordinates, some coding required ;)
Martin

Return to Computer Control