Running the Sample code

Forum for C#/Windows development

Running the Sample code

Postby chris.striemer » 23 Nov 2016, 14:30

Hi, I'm trying out the code samples provided on the Dev page and can't seem to get it working.

As far as I can tell, the OnGazeUpdate function never runs. I assumed there was something in IGazeListener that called OnGazeUpdate whenever the tracker had an update available. Should I add it to a delegate manually?

Git repository of project
chris.striemer

Re: Running the Sample code

Postby Anders » 23 Nov 2016, 18:08

As far as I can tell, the OnGazeUpdate function never runs.

I suggest taking a look at the C# samples to learn what you are doing wrong.
Anders

Postby chris.striemer » 24 Nov 2016, 02:23

I also tried to run the sample code downloaded straight from github.

The calibration program can run the calibration steps (the moving dot) like the eyetribe UI, but once it's done calibrating it doesn't exit the calibration overlay and if I press esc to exit then a message pops up saying calibration failed. the graphical display which is supposed to show whether the eye tracker always displays the red slash even though the eyetribe UI can detect my eyes. and The mouse control button doesn't do anything even though it works through eyetribe UI. The only thing that seems to work is the "Calibration Quality" displays the same as what eyetribe UI reports.

Scroll pulls up the image which I can navigate with my mouse. But again if it's supposed to respond to my eyes I'm not seeing it.

I've uploaded the complied program here. Does it run on your side?

The only thing I did was download the code from the site and compile it.
chris.striemer

Postby Anders » 24 Nov 2016, 10:23

Thx for the feedback Chris. Would you mind posting this as an issue on the GitHub repo in question? Maybe with a link to this thread? Then I'll see to it that someone looks at this asap.
Anders

Postby chris.striemer » 25 Nov 2016, 00:50

Figured it out. I was using the wrong version of the server.

Everything works now.
chris.striemer

Return to C#