Calibration

All development related discussions that does not concern a specific programming language. For example, JSON data format, server communication etc.

Calibration

Postby ryklin » 19 Jul 2014, 02:21

There doesn't seem to be a way to end / accept a calibration.

1. There is a start calibration

2. Then a pointstart with x,y
- are these in pixel coordinates? I guess so. In general, it's easier to work in normalized coordinates.

3.pointend, how much time needs to pass before calling this. Some docs say 2 seconds, but that's obviously a typo. There is another post addressing this... I need to go read it.

4. repeat for N points as specified in the start calibration. Presumably you can repeat the same point if it has a poor calibration. More on this later.

5. there is no end / terminate / accept calibration. how does the tracker no it's done with calibration and should apply it now?
How do we validate the calibration's accuracy and precision?

6. There is a clear, but I'm not sure why I would use this. It's not really practical, but fine with me.

7. there is an abort, which reinstates the previous calibration. that's good

8. there is no documentation on how to get and then save a calibration to file, or open and load a calibration from a file. This is critical!
ryklin

Re: Calibration

Postby Javier » 21 Jul 2014, 13:08

The calibration will stop when the N points specified in the calibration start message have been reached (e.g. after 9 different points have been displayed). Once that occurs, the server will compute the calibration parameters and send a message with the results. If the results are not satisfactory, you can either resample "bad" points or abort the calibration.

Please take a look at the C# calibration sample available on GitHub here https://github.com/EyeTribe/tet-csharp-samples
Javier

Postby ryklin » 21 Jul 2014, 23:39

What about saving a user's calibration to a file and reloading it later? That's crucial.

When the server exits, all calibration information appears to be lost. Hence, upon restarting the server, a new calibration must either be performed or preferably, a previous calibration file should be loaded.
ryklin

Postby JeffKang » 23 Jul 2014, 10:38

ryklin wrote:What about saving a user's calibration to a file and reloading it later? That's crucial.

When the server exits, all calibration information appears to be lost. Hence, upon restarting the server, a new calibration must either be performed or preferably, a previous calibration file should be loaded.

I think that they’re going to add this feature:

Martin wrote:Hi David,

Currently the calibration is set in run-time and persists through multiple client sessions and aborted calibration. The feature to persist and restore a calibration over multiple boot sequences is on our roadmap.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=115&hilit=persist
JeffKang

Postby ryklin » 23 Jul 2014, 20:45

This is critical... there is no reason why a participant should need to recalibrate themselves if the environment has not changed.
ryklin

Postby ryklin » 19 Sep 2014, 20:36

Just a reminder, that to "persist and restore a calibration over multiple boot sequences" is an important feature that the Eye Tribe lacks and the Tobii EyeX does not. I hope this moves up in priority along your development roadmap.
ryklin

Postby Martin » 22 Sep 2014, 11:48

Calibration profiles and persistence are is implemented now and will be included in the next release.
Martin

Postby ryklin » 07 Oct 2014, 05:56

great, thank you.
ryklin

Postby hendersond2004 » 27 Nov 2014, 13:41

Has the update including persistent calibration data been released yet?
I am on 0.9.41
if so how do you get /set the profile?
hendersond2004

Postby JeffKang » 28 Nov 2014, 00:19

Not yet.
JeffKang

Next

Return to General