Fruit Ninja

Forum to discuss and showcase games that use eye tracking information

Fruit Ninja

Postby Emrah » 13 Jan 2014, 09:49

Hi ,

I tried to play Fruit Ninja but I have little problem.

How can a press left click while I slice the fruits ?

I am using Windows 8 OS.

Is there any option ?
Emrah

Re: Fruit Ninja

Postby Martin » 13 Jan 2014, 15:12

Hi Emrah,

Yes, there is a better way than clicking the mouse. We've made a launcher application that connects the client and then launches fruitninja. Once it's launched we send two click/swipes to start a game and then we start redirecting the mouse cursor to the gaze position. We temporarily replace the mouse cursor with a transparent one (which is switched back on exit), replacing the system cursor seems to be the only way to hide it from a secondary process (e.g. DirectX).

I will try to post the source code on Github this week. Naturally, it will be without the Fruitninja executable, which I assume people already have purchased.
Martin

Postby Emrah » 13 Jan 2014, 16:23

Thank you Martin , I will wait the code.

On the other hand I will try this on "Temple Run" game ,)
Emrah

Postby Emrah » 25 Jan 2014, 13:59

Martin wrote:Hi Emrah,

Yes, there is a better way than clicking the mouse. We've made a launcher application that connects the client and then launches fruitninja. Once it's launched we send two click/swipes to start a game and then we start redirecting the mouse cursor to the gaze position. We temporarily replace the mouse cursor with a transparent one (which is switched back on exit), replacing the system cursor seems to be the only way to hide it from a secondary process (e.g. DirectX).

I will try to post the source code on Github this week. Naturally, it will be without the Fruitninja executable, which I assume people already have purchased.

kind reminder ;)
Emrah

Postby Martin » 03 Feb 2014, 19:28

Hi Emrah,

It have been down prioritized in order to get the new server and UI released.

For the Frutninja launcher, we had to make some changes to make sure it respects resolution/DPI settings etc. Hoping we can push it to Github by next release.
Martin

Postby Martin » 03 Mar 2014, 17:28

Turns out that the new version of Fruitninja is only available for Windows 8. It has to be purchased using the Windows Store and can only be launched from a tile. This means that our existing implementation will not work with the current FruitNinja release.

Since the current implementation only works with the old version and we simply cannot redistribute it there is no good solution at the moment.
Martin

Return to Games