C++ SDK Build on Mac

Forum for development in the C++ programming language.

C++ SDK Build on Mac

Postby Nancy » 30 Dec 2014, 14:37

Hello, I downloaded the tet-cpp-client from https://github.com/EyeTribe/tet-cpp-client
I also downloaded the latest cmake GUI from http://www.cmake.org/
Then I installed the latest boost libraries from http://www.boost.org/

I am following the 3 build steps as they appear on tet-cpp-client Github, and in the second step I Set BOOST_INCLUDE_DIR to the path of the root of Boost then I choose Configure in the CMake GUI but CMake fails to find the Boost libraries. Then I try to set BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the path of where the prebuilt libraries of Boost are located, but the problem is that I don't find the BOOST_LIBRARYDIR parameter in the cmake GUI (see image below),
Can anybody help to solve this??

Nancy

Re: C++ SDK Build on Mac

Postby Rasmus » 05 Jan 2015, 17:20

Nancy, we've sent you an email with information regarding this.

Cheers,
Rasmus, The Eye Tribe
Rasmus

Postby Micky » 06 Jan 2015, 00:44

I can elaborate a little on the solution, as a general guideline.

One or more things might be worth investigating:
  1. Make sure that Boost_INCLUDE_DIR does in fact point to the ROOT of your boost installation, not the boost sub-folder that contains all the headers
  2. Make sure that boost libraries has been built correctly. Please follow the instructions embedded with the boost installation.
  3. If CMake cannot detect the system and compiler specific prebuilt boost libs try to manually add the Boost_LIBRARYDIR variable as described by the CMake error. Press the "Add Entry" button located to the right of the search edit field, and let it point to the sub-folder within the boost installation that contains the correct libs.
Micky

Postby Nancy » 14 Jan 2015, 18:37

Micky wrote:I can elaborate a little on the solution, as a general guideline.

One or more things might be worth investigating:
  1. Make sure that Boost_INCLUDE_DIR does in fact point to the ROOT of your boost installation, not the boost sub-folder that contains all the headers
  2. Make sure that boost libraries has been built correctly. Please follow the instructions embedded with the boost installation.
  3. If CMake cannot detect the system and compiler specific prebuilt boost libs try to manually add the Boost_LIBRARYDIR variable as described by the CMake error. Press the "Add Entry" button located to the right of the search edit field, and let it point to the sub-folder within the boost installation that contains the correct libs.

Hello, I pointed to both directories <boost root>/boost and /Users/charbel/Desktop/boost_1_57_0>, both are not working, I get the same Error.
I Also tried to add BOOST_LIBRARYDIR myself and pointed it to the installed libraries. I have the same result.

Any more Tips?
Nancy

Postby Micky » 20 Jan 2015, 11:14

@Nancy, have you built the boost libs, before using cmake to build the EyeTribe C++ SDK?

If you're still unsuccessful in letting cmake detect boost, you could just pre-fetch the libs though MacPort or Homebrew, and let it install on the system.

Take a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/104322/how-do-you-install-boost-on-macos,
where guides on how to install the prebuilt boost libs using either port or brew is available, but also on how to build boost from the downloaded source code.
Micky

Postby Nancy » 26 Jan 2015, 10:55

Post by Micky » 20 Jan 2015, 11:14

@Nancy, have you built the boost libs, before using cmake to build the EyeTribe C++ SDK?

If you're still unsuccessful in letting cmake detect boost, you could just pre-fetch the libs though MacPort or Homebrew, and let it install on the system.

Take a look at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1043 ... t-on-macos,
where guides on how to install the prebuilt boost libs using either port or brew is available, but also on how to build boost from the downloaded source code.

Hello, Thanks for the help, I built boost libraries using the commands
./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/some/dir/you/would/like/to/prefix
./b2
./b2 install

And then pointed to the libraries in cmake. As I seen Boost Libraries are now detected but I've got some new errors.
Here is the output:

CMake Error at /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:685 (file):
file STRINGS file
"/Users/charbel/Desktop/boostinstall/prefix/lib/boost/version.hpp" cannot
be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:31 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Boost version: 0.0.0
Found the following Boost libraries:
thread
system
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/charbel/Desktop/bin2/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Any suggestions?
Nancy

Return to C++