Data Parsing using C++ SDK

Forum for development in the C++ programming language.

Data Parsing using C++ SDK

Postby deepesh.kumar » 16 Sep 2014, 17:00

Hi,
I am trying to fetch the data from the eye tracker using c++ code. I followed the steps used in the guidelines given it the webpage link http://dev.theeyetribe.com/cpp/.
I get some data from the eye tribe. But i get some false vales while my eyes are closed and it not detected. I compared with the values generated by the GUI of EYE Tribe, and the values i got. But are not similar.
Did any of you faced such problem, and can you please suggest me any solution for this. I need to detect the blink rate of my eye which is giving false data.
Here is the simple code i am using to get the data.

Code: Select all
void MyGaze::on_gaze_data( gtl::GazeData const & gaze_data )
{
    if( gaze_data.state & gtl::GazeData::GD_STATE_TRACKING_GAZE )
    {
     gtl::Point2D const & smoothedCoordinatesLeftEye = gaze_data.lefteye.avg; // smoothed data from left eye
     gtl::Point2D const & smoothedCoordinatesRightEye=gaze_data.righteye.avg; // smoothed data from right eye
LeftEyeX=smoothedCoordinatesLeftEye.x;
LeftEyeY=smoothedCoordinatesLeftEye.y;
RightEyeX=smoothedCoordinatesRightEye.x;
RightEyeY=smoothedCoordinatesRightEye.y;
    }
}

thank you,
deepesh.kumar

Re: Data Parsing using C++ SDK

Postby Tingjie1005 » 29 Sep 2014, 04:04

So do I...!
Tingjie1005

Re: Data Parsing using C++ SDK

Postby Anders » 19 Oct 2014, 13:57

Hi

Based on your post it is a bit unclear what part of the gaze data that you see as false or wrong? I would be happy to help but first I need to understand what data are you expecting to receive when your eyes are closed? Are you saying that the GazeDate state does not change as you expect it to? Be aware that the state when only tracking a single or no eyes will be STATE_TRACKING_PRESENCE and not STATE_TRACKING_GAZE as explained in the API.

BR,
Anders
Anders

Return to C++