Use of EEG, EyeTracker, GSR and HRV together with OGAMA 4.5

Discussions related to using The Eye Tribe Tracker for passive gaze data collection and analysis, such as market research or usability studies.

Use of EEG, EyeTracker, GSR and HRV together with OGAMA 4.5

Postby onlyhakanboz » 08 Sep 2014, 21:52

Dear All I need you urgent help. We are conducting an experiment by using EEG , EyeTracker , GSR ) and HRV devices together with OGAMA 4.5. But we need to get equal the same time of all device's starting time.

So we need to starting time of the experiment in the OGAMA such as 08.09.2014 22:45:02. But We haven't seen any actual time in OGAMA 4.5. How do we get equal our devices together with ogama experiment starting time.

Best wishes

Hakan BOZ
onlyhakanboz

Re: Use of EEG, EyeTracker, GSR and HRV together with OGAMA

Postby knaeckebrot0815 » 09 Feb 2015, 10:17

Dear Hakan,

I don't think Ogama is particularly suited for this kind of purpose. I suggest to consider switching to Psychtoolbox under Matlab or, if licensing is an issue, Python alternatives such as PsychoPy and OpenSesame. Edwin Dalmaijer provides toolboxes for control of the EyeTribe tracker on github (see https://github.com/esdalmaijer/EyeTribe-Toolbox-for-Matlab)

I am currently conducting an EEG study in combination with the EyeTribe tracker. My experiment runs in Psychtoolbox and I use Edwin Dalmaijer's matlab toolbox to control the EyeTribe. My strategy is to do a continuous recording of eyetracking data. I send messages containing event type and timestamp to the eyetracker and synchronize the EEG and the eyetracking data post-hoc. It might even be that the 'time' column in the output contains the same kind of timestamping (time since system start in seconds), I have not checked that yet.

The setup is not flawless. I experience some problems with the calibration routine of Edwin's toolbox, which might be completely due to our specific hard- and software setup here however (in his demo it works flawlessly). From the eyetracker side, the EyeTribe's sample rate is not super constant. Time-difference between two samples' timestamps is for the largest part 33 or 34 ms, but I have seen 44 and even >100ms too. It does not happen very often, but is something one has to imperatively control for and cope with during analysis.

Hope this helps?
knaeckebrot0815

Re: Use of EEG, EyeTracker, GSR and HRV together with OGAMA

Postby breakbitero » 10 Apr 2015, 14:07

Hello,

What type of EEG are you using? I would like to sync eyetribe with an EEG but not idea how to do it. Not experience like programmer.
Thank you
breakbitero

Return to Analysis (Academics, Market research & Usability)