Integrate Eye Tribe into app

All development related discussions that does not concern a specific programming language. For example, JSON data format, server communication etc.

Integrate Eye Tribe into app

Postby venom1988 » 09 Dec 2015, 10:06

Dear all,
I am considering buying the Eye Tribe system but I have some doubt regarding app development.
I wanted develop app for Android OS but it's not supported so, for now, am planning to develop an app for Windows 10 OS.
My questions are:

1) There are some problem using Eye Tribe with a Tablet or Smartphone with Windows 10 OS?

2) My app, basically, will need to read (x,y) coordinates of pupil and gaze point. With the Eye Tribe SDK is very easy to have this data. Can I integrate the Eye Tribe's SDK code into a normal Windows application develop with Visual Studio 2015 community and C#?

3)Eye Tribe system give us a very nice User Interface for calibrate the system, Can I integrate this UI into my app?

Thank you all,
Best Regards,
Gian Luca
venom1988

Re: Integrate Eye Tribe into app

Postby Martin » 09 Dec 2015, 12:46

Hi Gian,

To your questions,

1. We haven't tried a smartphone with Windows 10. Best option is Microsoft Surface Pro tablets.

2. Yes, this will work very well. We have built the Windows UI with Visual Studio and C#.

3. We offer the source code for the calibration routine (and more) on Github.
Martin

Postby venom1988 » 09 Dec 2015, 13:05

Martin wrote:Hi Gian,

To your questions,

1. We haven't tried a smartphone with Windows 10. Best option is Microsoft Surface Pro tablets.

2. Yes, this will work very well. We have built the Windows UI with Visual Studio and C#.

3. We offer the source code for the calibration routine (and more) on Github.

Hi Martin, thank you for reply, you give me very precious info.
Regarding Microsoft Surface, Can I use Microsoft Surface (with Intel Atom) or I have to use Surface Pro (with i5 or i7 as Eye tribe well specify) ?
If I have to use Pro version, Surface Pro 3 is good or I need Pro 4 ?
Thank you
venom1988

Postby Martin » 10 Dec 2015, 15:20

See my reply here.
Martin

Return to General