Simplest way to record screen video with heatmap/overlay?

Discussions related to using The Eye Tribe Tracker for passive gaze data collection and analysis, such as market research or usability studies.

Simplest way to record screen video with heatmap/overlay?

Postby sully » 08 Sep 2014, 01:12

Hey guys - just received my hardware and am excited about putting it to use! Ultimately, I'm looking to simply record whatever is on screen to a video (MP4 or somesuch) with a heatmap or scan path overlaid on top. That would let me test whatever software I wanted to test, and come out of it with an extremely portable result.

So, my question: Are there any software packages out there that work with the Eye Tribe device and do this? Perhaps OGAMA might? (It's hard to tell from its documentation.) EyeProof is an option, but at the moment leaves me bound to testing images and not websites themselves, and doesn't allow for easy data export.
sully

Re: Simplest way to record screen video with heatmap/overlay

Postby ewald_strasser » 29 Sep 2014, 00:20

Hi!
A desktop slide in ogama (4.5) would be the way to go. For me the combination of desktop slide and eyetribe crushes.

If you try this setting could you report if it works for you? Would help me to find the problem.

Greetings,
Ewald
ewald_strasser

Postby m.molodova » 15 Jan 2015, 17:47

Hi,

You may check out our software, EventIDE (http://www.okazolab.com). It's a visual programming environment for research with support for EyeTribe. With EventIDE your can design eye-tracking experiments with various stimuli, overlay a heatmap (also monitor it on the secondary monitor) and record everything in a video file. In addition, all other eye-tracking data can be exported for off-line analysis.
Contact me by email for a demo.

Cheers, Ilia
i.korjoukov@okazolab.com
m.molodova

Postby knaeckebrot0815 » 30 Jan 2015, 18:59

I experience the same problem ewald.strasser reports. Seems to be an Ogama problem, though.
knaeckebrot0815

Return to Analysis (Academics, Market research & Usability)