regarding header file gazeapi.h in c++

Forum for development in the C++ programming language.

regarding header file gazeapi.h in c++

Postby deepesh.kumar » 29 May 2014, 08:04

I am trying to get the gazedata in C++ code using the source file available in the eyetribe website. So as you mentioned on your site I tried to run that c++ code in turbo c++ but when I am including header file gazeapi.h it is not able to include it. It is giving many error like "gtl" is not defined in correct declaration etc. We changed our path of library and put the copy of that header file in our turbo c++ include folder but still it is not solving the purpose. I also included 2 different other file named "gazeapi_interfaces.h" and "gazeapi_types.h" but still we have error in our code. Could you please suggest some solution for it.

Specific error code we are getting:-
unable to open include file "gazeapi.h"
style of function definition is now obsolete.

looking forward to get reply.

Thank you so much.
deepesh.kumar

Re: regarding header file gazeapi.h in c++

Postby Martin » 31 May 2014, 22:50

Hi Deepesh,

Made an inquiry to one of our C++ developer and this is his reply:

"The error "unable to open include file "gazeapi.h" is pretty clear - when compiling, the compiler was unable to open the header file, because the correct include path has not been set. The compiler cannot open a file, if it does not know where to look for it.

They can use CMake to generate a library and output headers, for easy inclusion - CMake exports all necessary paths which can be used in other CMake projects - or the files can be copied into any existing 3rd party structure they may have. Finally, the header and source files can be added directly to their project, and be compiled as a part of it.

Finally, it is only necessary to include gazeapi.h, the other header files are included by it. "

Hope this helps.
Martin

Return to C++