Not working internet while Eye Tribe is connected

Forum to report issues and bugs on Apple OSX

Not working internet while Eye Tribe is connected

Postby instituto » 13 May 2015, 00:00

Hi there,
when I connect the Eye Tribe to the computer internet on my computer stops working. I am still connected to the WiFi but there is some fight between the Eye Tribe server and internet connection. The Eye Tribe UI works, just it is impossible to run together internet and the Eye Tribe UI.
When I'm trying to run some example from SDK in Unity, it is still loading and not working. When there is a first scene and I press the Connection button it starts again an infinity loading without any answer, no LEDs turned on, on the Eye Tribe.
I'm using MacBook PRO retina 13 late 2013, core i5, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.10.3 Yosemite, Unity 4.5.4 also tried Unity 5 but there is no difference, still the same problem.

Please help me how to solve this problem, maybe there is some SW trick or new firmware for Eye Tribe.
Thank you
instituto

Re: Not working internet while Eye Tribe is connected

Postby instituto » 13 May 2015, 13:10

I found the reason to not working internet.

Annoyed with bad Wi-Fi and Bluetooth performance on your Retina MacBook Pro? That fancy new USB 3.0 hard drive you connected may be the problem.

The issue is that USB 3.0 hard drives can emit radio frequencies that interfere with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth transmissions on the 2.4 GHz band, especially when placed near the antennas in your laptop. You can minimize the problem by keeping USB 3.0 hard drives away from the screen hinges on your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air, and don't set the drives behind the screen, either

USB 3.0 connectors and cables can radiate interference in the 2.4 GHz spectrum that causes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals to intermittently drop out when they're near the antennas. For the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, those antennas happen to be near the screen hinges along the back of the computer.

The interference, or broadband noise, emitted by USB 3.0 connectors and cables affects the signal to noise ratio around the 2.4 GHz range, and as Intel's engineers stated, "This may result in a drop in throughput on the wireless link."

The end result is that Wi-Fi network connections may slow down or drop off, and Bluetooth keyboards and mice may seem sluggish or unresponsive.

Along with keeping your USB 3.0 hard drives and other peripherals away from your computer's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antennas, you can minimize radio interference by using well shielded USB 3.0 cables and by avoiding products that don't have properly shielded USB connectors -- which may take some research to see if there are any complaints about the USB 3.0-compatible devices you're considering buying

Source:
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/usb-3.0-hard-drives-can-cause-wi-fi-interference

But problems with Unity are still actual :(
instituto

Return to Issues and troubleshooting - OSX